Saturday, August 4, 2012

Life and Fun: Fireworks-less 4th of July


A few of tasty items from the grill...
Wouldn't you know it would happen to us: back in the US and not able to shoot fireworks on the 4th of July. ( I know this was a month ago, but well wanted to get it ready for the newsletter coming out soon...)

It turned out to be one of the hottest summers that I can ever remember in the mid-west.

I'm not too upset by the banned fireworks. Living in Asia, we actually see some pretty cool ones quite often. The girls don't really care for them either...too loud. So, we spent time eating and talking around the kitchen table.

Feeling like I needed to do a few 4th of July things with the girls, I read Sweet Land of Liberty by Callista Gingrich. It is really cute picture book about the US. It has good information that is not overwhelming to young children on the history of the United States.
I also did a few crafts with the girls to celebrate...
Our fireworks...

No comments: