Friday, September 23, 2011

Homeschool Wrap Up...Fine Motor Skills

Matthea is doing better this week, but we still have kept it really slow. She had a checkup with the doctor yesterday and he could still hear some "rattling in the lungs."
More medicine in our bag and away we dashed home.

Today we had leftover donuts for a snack. (Yeah, not so healthy today. It is GeGe's birthday so all health food is out the window for ONE day only!) I cut hers up into bite-sized pieces and let her use her fancy chopsticks, the Edison. I bought them at a local store about a year ago thinking that she would be able to use them one day.
It was a great eye-hand coordination activity. Next week I'm going to have her move cotton balls from one container to another. After she masters this, I'll use something a bit smaller and heavier.
Below are pictures of the Edison with Pororo cartoon character and of Jie Jie using them.





2 comments:

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Those are some cool chopsticks! I had the local kitchen store order acrylic ones for us as my daughter loves to use them.

Have a super weekend!

MaDonna Maurer said...

I'd rather use chopsticks, myself...
You have a great trip! We just looked at our pics from last summer...love England, if it is possible to fall in love with a place in only a few weeks. ;)