Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wip...Bookworm!

BOOKS ABOUT BOOKSImage by jm3 via Flickr
I think I'm back.
Back checking Google Reader and catching up on blogs. 
Back to writing on my own blog.
Back into writing....this one hasn't happened yet, but needs to get started.

So, since I want to get back into writing I thought I'd write a Wip for accountability purposes so I'd have something to write about in a few weeks (I'm going to do bi-monthly updates).

But, I've not been totally been away from writing. I've been reading. Yep, I'm still reading for the school library and they received their shipment of books for the summer. 
For me, this summer was a summer of Biographies and Graphic Novels. 
Bios: (this is only a handful that I remember...there were more)
Pele
Emma Thompson
Cute Zac Efron
Hottie Johnny Depp
Dr. Seuss
Steven Spielberg
Jordan Sparks
Charles Barkley

Graphic Novels:
Jane Erye
Romeo and Juliet
The Tempest

So, reading has at least kept me thinking about writing...
I didn't write down the authors because I didn't plan to to blog about them. Just thought it was funny that I read two genres that are not my typical kind of reads.
What have you read this summer? And what do you think about classics coming out as GN?  I sort of liked them...in a middle school sort of way.  
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Eileen Astels Watson said...

When I have to take any kind of break, blogging or writing, reading always remains my staple way of thinking literary. Isn't it wonderful that we get to be entertained and educated at the same time.

May the writing bug latch onto you soon!

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Yay, MaDonna, you're back!
Welcome back. I haven't been too consistent this summer, either, but we all do what we can, right? I hope you're loving your new, beautiful apartment. Reading is a wonderful way to keep in touch with the writing-side. :)

Amy

MaDonna Maurer said...

Eileen, welcome and thanks! You are right..love that you can be entertained and educated.

Amy, thanks...I think you've done really well this summer considering EVERYone is home now. LOL Can't wait to read more of your blog!