Sunday, August 21, 2011

Book Review: Young Fu of the Upper Yangtze

Young Fu of the Upper Yangtze by Elizabeth Foreman Lewis

This was one of the many books that I read this summer. It has been on my TBR shelf for a few years, so I put it on my FitG list to get it read.
I enjoyed reading about China in the 1920s from an author who had actually lived there during that time. The descriptions of the people and the city were easy to visualize.

If you want to read a full review, then you can go here on the FitG site.

2 comments:

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Oh wow, this sounds like just my kind of book! I'm going to see if our library has it. Thanks, MaDonna!!

Amy

MaDonna Maurer said...

Amy, I'm sure it does. It is one of those books that I can't believe I have never read...I'm not even sure how it ended up on my shelf other than I have been collecting "China" books for sometime. =)