Monday, December 6, 2010

Tips and Contests

Christmas in the post-War United StatesImage via Wikipedia

I'm trying something new. Instead of having tips and contest on Wednesday along with my wip, I'm going to have one day where I list the tips and contests that I've read that week. And that day will be Tuesdays.
Wednesday will be WiP only.
Thursday will be Book reviews
Friday will be Homeschool Wrap-up

Tips:
So, to get started. This weeks tips come from Sherrinda and from The Writer's Alley.
1. Sherrinda gave me permission to edit a few pages of the manuscript a day instead of a whole chapter during the holiday time.  She's not my cp, editor, or instructor. But, her blog post December Time Stealer really took the pressure off.  So, if you are like me and trying edit that manuscript from last month or are trying to finish up a novel or story. Feel free to relax and enjoy the Christmas holidays like you are suppose to. And as Sherrinda writes, "It's only for a season, and January will come before you know it and present you with time to rest and recharge. Your fingers will fly across the keyboard with all the renewed energy!"


2. The second tip came yesterday. It is from The Writer's Alley. It is a brainstorming tip which I found really interesting and I think helpful.  Using songs to come up with story lines.  Read here to get the whole article. 

Contests/Giveaways:
1. Marcia Hoehne is giving away Falling In by Frances O'Roark Dowell. I did a review on this book here. And the contest details can be found here

2. Casey is giving away Christmas Bodyguard by Margaret Daley on her blogsite. You can check out the details here.

3. Watch for details for my giveaway next week to celebrate the miracle of Matthea getting rid of her feeding tube!  I'll post details this weekend!  
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Yay for Matthea! Fantastic!! And what a fun idea to celebrate with a give-away. :)

Amy

MaDonna Maurer said...

Thanks Amy. I thought it might get people who read this to become a follower as well. Think it will work?
Hope you are all feeling okay your way! Read your blogpost....not fun!