Friday, December 31, 2010

2011: Change and Puzzle Pieces

2011 is going to bring a lot of change into my life.
Husband changing career paths.
Moving...again. (at least this move will still be in the same city/country)
Part time work for me (I've been a stay at home mom for the past ten years).
Change.
June 3rd.
It's coming.

I got to thinking about this today (ok, I actually think about it most of the time) when I read Wendy's "One Question Friday". Today her question was, "What are you looking forward to?" I wrote something about looking forward to the next chapter in my life. Which is true. But, at this point I'm looking forward to it because by June 3rd, I'm praying all the unknowns are filled in.
What will my husband's "job" look like?
Where are we going to live?
Where am I going to work?
Where will all my kids go to school next fall?

Pieces of a puzzleImage via Wikipedia
What keeps me sane?
Puzzle pieces.
This section of my life is a large puzzle. God has the puzzle box with all the pieces inside. He hands us a couple of pieces at a time. They don't really fit together at first, but we hang onto them and wait until he gives us more.
Then a few fit together perfectly. We begin to see a section of an unknown. It is still unclear, but we see a hint. Hope is restored.



Then more pieces fall and they don't seem to fit with anything.
Hope deflates.
More pieces fit.
Faith builds stronger.
So on and so forth.

Our puzzle is not even half finished, but I know from times past that God can just dump all the right pieces at the same time. It all comes together in the end.  The key is just not to get too impatient and make my own puzzle pieces which I force to fit into the puzzle.  It just doesn't work that way.
So when I start to feel impatient and even scared I think about the puzzle. I remind myself that God is in control of the large and small things. He has all those pieces and is waiting for the right time to give them to us.  Then excitement hits like waiting for Christmas morning. The anticipation of what is to come. And fear seems to just melt as truth burns it up.

How have you walked in the in the unknowns of your life?




Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Thanks for the link, MaDonna!

I love your point about not trying to force the pieces. I've been known to do that and it only results in bent and beat up puzzle pieces. Might as well be chewed by a dog.

Happy New Year!
~ Wendy

MaDonna Maurer said...

Thanks for stopping by! I have to agree, my homemade puzzle pieces do look a lot like a dog chewed on them. Love that!